Book your service
Wheel alignment refers to the angle of the wheels of a car in relation to the tarmac below. A perfectly aligned wheel is perpendicular to the street and parallel to its counterpart. However, an overwhelming majority of cars in Britain have misaligned wheels, which affect numerous aspects of the performance of a vehicle.
Martini Tyre Services is a prominent car service station that specialises in wheel alignment in Hickman Avenue. We understand the importance of adequately aligned wheels and ensure that all our patrons have their wheels aligned when they leave our facility.
Wheel alignment: An overview
As mentioned before, perfect wheel alignment means they are perpendicular and parallel to the street and corresponding wheels, respectively. This ideal alignment can get distorted in one of three ways.
- Camber: It refers to the angle of wheels when viewed from the front. Inward tilt is known as negative camber and vice Versa.
- Toe: It refers to the angle of wheels when viewed from the top. Toe-in means that the wheels are tilted inwards and vice versa.
- Caster: It refers to the tilt of the steering axis towards the front or back.
Some motorists intentionally adjust their toe and camber angles to heighten specific characteristics of their car. A slight toe-in, for example, enhances the cornering capabilities of a vehicle.
However, when it is not intentional, wheel alignment can cause a plethora of problems:
- Increased fuel consumption
- Feathered tread wear
- Reduced handling performance
- Off-centre steering wheel
It’s crucial that you bring in your car for wheel alignment in Hickman Avenue once every six months. Avoiding it can wreak havoc on your car’s drivability and put unnecessary strain on your car’s engine and suspension system.
Why choose us?
Martini Tyre Services is a premier car service station with a dedicated wing for wheel alignment in Hickman Avenue. We use cutting-edge machinery to perform this essential service.
Visit us today; we are open on all working days.